Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hibernation....

Well... It's that time again!! The Olympics are on again so I will be going into hibernation for the next 2 weeks!!

I don't know why I enjoy the Olympics so much, but they have been something I have looked forward to ever since I can remember. I think it has something to do with the fact that my father is a sports nut and he always enjoyed the Olympics so I was exposed to them at a very young age, but more to do with the fact that I am ultra competitive!! =)

I get kind of annoyed when I remember that I had to read in a book... when I was in SECOND grade... that my own first cousin was an Olympian and one of the elite divers of the world in his day. No one ever told me that and that is kind of lame. You'd think that would be something that is mentioned every now and again, but no. I had to read about it in school. Anyhoo... he was also the US Diving judge at the Beijing Olympics so the tradition continues and gives me a personal connection to the olympics.

I am sure that I will really geek out about something that I see or read about in the next two weeks that I will post here so stay tuned for Dave's Super-Duper-Olympic-Geek Blog for the next 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome..of course tonight I think that most of the pairs figure skaters forgot they were skating at the Olympics...I think almost everyone fell, or made silly mistakes...of course I can say that as I am the worlds greatest hidden talent in ice skating...HAHAHAH! Okay, even I had to laugh at that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I agree... everyone kind of stunk it up. I was very happy that the Chinese team won gold and that the Russians didn't win ANYTHING!!! =)

    ReplyDelete