Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crazy Spaghetti!!

3 weeks ago we celebrated Jeremie's birthday by inviting some friends over for our 2nd Annual Crazy Spaghetti Dinner to celebrate! We had a really great time last year and I decided that it will become a yearly tradition.

When everyone came in.. this is what the table looked like:


Most in attendance knew what was underneath the beautiful sheets covering the tables as they had been in attendance last year. (Yes, that is He-Man sheet on the end and the weird animal sheet that my mother has had for much longer than she has had me!!!) But we had 3 newbies this year so they had no idea that this was awaiting them when the sheets were removed!!





The evening started with a Quiz of Jeremie that had several, extremely difficult questions about Jeremie. It was much harder this year because, as Jeremie put it, I have been killing myself in law school for the past year so I want to spread the pain to those around me!

Then everyone picked a number that matched a place around the table. The person with the highest score won the ability to switch positions with another person once the table was revealed.

For the second year in a row my friend Laura got the highest score!

While her placing gave her this great photo op she decided she didn't want to eat spaghetti with a meat tenderizer so she elected to switch places!!!

It's pretty much just my family that reads this so most of you are very familiar with crazy spaghetti, but for those of you who aren't.. the pictures say it all. You are forced to eat and drink with things that you would never normally eat and drink with!!

My brother Donald's birthday is April 1st so every year for his birthday we would have a dinner like this. Our family loved it and I have very fond memories of these dinners from my childhood! I was thrilled that I was able to include the dog dish (actually made to hold saltine crackers!!) that Sister Cummard made for my mother years ago!!

It is so much fun to leave adulthood at the door and just play around like kids making a mess while spending time with amazing friends!!









The only thing that REALLY sucks about crazy spaghetti is the DISHES!!



Took me about an hour and a half to get through them all, but it was well worth it!! We had such an amazing time and I can't wait to do it all again next year!!

3 comments: