Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cake Talk

I really need to get something off of my chest... Charm City Cakes (from the show Ace of Cakes) are WAAAAAAY better cake makers than Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss). My DVR hasn't been taping any Ace of Cakes right now so I thought that Cake Boss would be a good substitute. Not so much... at least the cakes.

I do like the family dynamic of Cake Boss. I mean... the guy has a million sisters and must be the youngest. Kind of like someone I know. I sympathize with him... it is hard to be the most talented and the youngest. All that jealousy! ;)

Charm City Cakes are so much cleaner, dynamic, creative, and cool. Plus, the people are all funny. Cake Boss has great personalities, but it seems much more staged.

Weird, I know, but this is the crap that I think about.

I am going to post a bunch of pictures of our Christmas decorations tomorrow. As Jeremie puts it... he has his Doctorate from the Martha Stuart School of Decorating with an emphasis in Christmas! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Ace of Cakes, but my family watches Cake Boss together. We look forward to it every week and know it'll provide us with some good belly laughs. I do agree that it seems more staged, especially this season over last season. It's like they realized what viewers liked, when the sisters meddled, and now they are purposely adding that in. I'll have to check out Ace of Cakes for some more dynamic cakes though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace of Cakes rules and the people that work at Charm City Cakes are awesome!! On a different network though... shoot.. can't remember which.

    ReplyDelete