Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

This blog post has to be in two parts as I had Christmas at home with mom and dad and again in Oklahoma with Jeremie and his family.



In a huge change in tradition... we woke up at 6 AM instead of 5. It was awesome! It eliminated the hour and half of the weird time where it is dark and quiet and we don't really have anything to say to each other before everyone shows up! =)

Lynn joined us this year and my mom forced my poor dad to go into the living room to open presents. The past 2 years we have just opened them around the kitchen table as it is a bit tough for my dad to go down into the living room. I kind of missed the kitchen table in a strange way. Christmas had become something new with just the parents and me and so a change of venue seemed appropriate. Anyhooo...

I was very excited for Lynn to join us because I was VERY VERY VERY VERY excited for her to open her present. She had asked that I make her "one of my cool" quilts. I was happy to oblige as no one every really makes Lynn a quilt. She had a made a wicked cool rooster quilt for several people and I thought it would be cool to make her one of HER cool quilts as she loves it sooo much. The quilt is going to end up being quite large, but I had got behind with other projects and all I (hoped) to finish was a single quilt block (on Christmas Eve no less!!!). Well I got it done and wrapped the one quilt block in an impossibly small box. I could tell that Lynn was disappointed when I handed her the box, but the disappointment melted away when she opened it!! Check this out!!!



I'm soooo excited to finish this quilt!! It is going to be one for the ages!! =)

After gifts, everyone came over, blah, blah, blah... I have to write that because I got a great new camera, but I helped with breakfast this year so I didn't have the chance to take any pictures of the fam. =/

1 comment:

  1. Man, looking at those pictures of Mom and Dad and the living room Christmas morning, almost made me a little sad! Those are by far the best times had at our house! I want to have Christmas there again! I just don't want to transport stuff to and from...

    ReplyDelete